TAC Scrappers & Tiaras Pageant: Saturday, June 27th at 8:30 pm! Participants can participate in one or all of the following categories:
Casual Wear: Miss TAC Scrapaholic
In honor of the scrappers that we are, the theme for this segment of the pageant is “Scrapbooking is My Obsession”.
• Attire: During this segment of the pageant, we’d like to see you rock the stage with your most unique outfit of choice representing our great hobby, Scrapbooking! “Scrapbooking” casual attire (off the rack or custom made) is great for this portion of the pageant, however, swimwear is not allowed. Music will be provided (or you may provide your own) so get ready to strut! We want to see your personality shine! A fun, bouncy walk is great for this portion of the pageant; however cart wheels and flips are not allowed.
• What are the judges looking for? The judges will be looking for creativity in your outfit choice, smiles, cute gestures like waving, hands on hips, thumbs up, attitude/spunk, and overall just having fun on that stage!
• Life-skills: Personal presentation skills, non-verbal communication skills, increased self-awareness.
Formal Wear: Miss TAC Fancy Scrapper
Who doesn’t like to dress up? We know you do! For this segment of the pageant we want the spotlight to be on you while you wear your favorite dressy dress.
• Attire: An elegant, age appropriate, floor-length gown is perfect for this segment of the pageant. Your dress can be new, borrowed, or old…it doesn’t matter where it came from; it’s all about how you wear it on stage with confidence and elegance! We will provide the music (or you may provide your own) for this portion of the pageant; you provide the confidence!
• What are the judges looking for? The judges will be looking for an elegant walk for this segment of the pageant. They will not be evaluating the cost or designer of the gown, instead they will be looking for confidence, poise, and dignity projected in the contestants’ walks. They will also be looking for eye contact, stage presence, smiles, and grace.
• Life-skills: Walking with proper posture, presenting yourself with confidence and grace, increased self-control and self-worth.
TAC Academics: Miss TAC Smarty Pants
What do you know about TAC? Beauty, creativity and attire are not judged for this segment of the pageant, it’s all about what you know!
• Attire: None required! NO…that doesn’t mean you come in your birthday suit!
• What are the judges looking for? This category is for everyone! Questions will be provided to everyone on Saturday morning and the first person to answer the most questions correctly will be crowned as Ms. TAC Smarty Pants during the pageant.
• Life-skills: Research skills, successfully completed prior TAC events (optional, based on research skills), handwriting, spelling and comprehension of question will be taken into account in scoring.